Microsoft has delivered out yet another new Windows Server 2019 Insider preview construct for testers to check out. Today’s release moves things up to construct quantity 17709 and contains a couple of new options to check out, alongside with many known problems to be aware of.
Up to date June 10, 2018: Builders can also now get their arms on Windows 10 SDK preview construct 17709 as effectively.
What is actually new
Group Managed Provider Accounts: We’ve enhanced the scalability and reliability of containers that use group managed support accounts (gMSA) to entry network resources. You should see less authentication glitches when using a one gMSA with a number of container occasions. Additionally, you no for a longer time need to have to set the container’s host identify to be the exact same as the gMSA. We also preset a bug that prevented you from using gMSAs with Hyper-V isolated containers.
New base impression: Windows: We’re including a new base impression to the Windows Server container collection. In addition to NanoServer and WindowsServerCore container photos, the new Windows impression is now offered. This impression carries even a lot more elements than its NanoServer and ServerCore siblings, which means it can assistance apps that have added API dependencies. To master a lot more and get begun, go to https://aka.ms/windowscontainer.
- [NEW] If a program is upgraded from preview release construct 17692 to a a lot more latest preview release, System Insights encounters glitches when parsing or visualizing the prediction outcomes. To solve this concern, comply with the instructions on System Insights known problems, or thoroughly clean put in a newer preview release.
- [NEW] Get-HgsAttestationBaselinePolicy, PowerShell cmdlet that generates an attestation baseline coverage, fails with an mistake: “Failed to retrieve TPM information and facts.”
- [NEW] On a latest preview release of Server Main, the Advanced Query Syntax (AQS) parser might fail if the default language and locale are improved to a little something other than US English. If the AQS parser is not doing the job, search functionality in Trade does not work.
- Making or modifying ecosystem variables by using setx on a program functioning NanoServer container fails. On an afflicted program, setx requires a specific route in the registry, HKCUEnvironment, to exist by default. You can work all around this concern by transforming in which the variable is saved in the registry, or you can include the predicted registry route prior to executing setx instructions. To specify that the variable be set for program-wide use in HKLM fairly than in HKCU, the default, include the /M change to a setx command. To rather include the predicted registry route, run reg include HKCUEnvironment prior to executing setx instructions.
- The Digital Device Management Provider (VMMS) might practical experience an mistake, Application_FAULT_INVALID_POINTER_Study, in Cluster Manager.
- Editing or building insurance policies for AppLocker can trigger the MMC snap-in to crash when created rules for a packaged app.